June 10, 2002
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Superior Court of California, County of Alameda
Relocation of the Berkeley Courthouse and Transfer of Services
Oakland, California. Harry R. Sheppard, Presiding Judge and Arthur Sims, Executive Officer, Superior Court of California, County of Alameda announce the Berkeley Courthouse located at 2120 Martin Luther King Jr. Way will be closed from September 2002 through December 2003 for seismic retrofit and other improvements.Effective July 1, 2002:
Effective September 2, 2002:
- Berkeley’s Criminal Division will permanently relocate to the Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse, 661 Washington Street, Oakland, CA 94607.
- Departments 201 and 202 will close. All pending criminal matters will be transferred to the Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse in Oakland.
- Applications for restraining orders (previously processed by the Criminal Division) may be filed at the Civil/Small Claims Division, 2000 Center Street, 2nd Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704.
Effective January 5, 2004:
- Berkeley’s Traffic Division, Accounting Division, and Administration will move to 2000 Center Street, 2nd Floor, Berkeley, CA 94704.
- Berkeley’s Traffic Division, Civil/Small Claims Division, Accounting Division and Administration will relocate to 2120 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Berkeley, CA 94704. Department 203 will relocate to Department 201.
The contact for this information release is Ben Stough, Trial Court Administrator (510) 644-8996.