Criminal Court

Back to Criminal Court
Text resize: Decrease font site Increase font site

Research, Viewing, and Copying of Public Court Records


Viewing Criminal Court Records
Many criminal court records are available to the public. Depending upon where the case was heard, it may be located at one of the Criminal Division locations. To find out where the court record can be viewed, call one of the Criminal Divisions.

  • Fremont Hall of Justice, 39439 Paseo Padre Parkway, Fremont, CA 94538 (Phone: 510-818-7501)
  • Gale Schenone Hall of Justice, 5672 Stoneridge Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588 (Phone: 925-227-6700)
  • George E. McDonald Hall of Justice, 2233 Shoreline Drive, Alameda, CA 94501 (Phone: 510-263-4304)
  • Hayward Hall of Justice, 24405 Amador Street, Hayward, CA 94544 (Phone: 510-690-2703)
  • Rene C. Davidson Courthouse, 1225 Fallon Street, Oakland, CA 94612 (Phone: 510-891-6009)
  • Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse, 661 Washington Street, Oakland, CA 94607 (Phone: 510-627-4702)

If You Have a Case Number
If you have a case number and you would like copies of the file, submit a written request that includes the name of the defendant, the case number and a check. On the check under where the amount if written, write the amount it is not to exceed.
Checks and money orders are to be made to payable to “Clerk of the Court.” Call one the Criminal Divisions above to determine which location it should be mailed to.

If You Do Not Have a Case Number
You can submit written request for a Criminal Background Research. The court will only research Alameda County criminal record information cases dating from 1974 to present. You must provide a specific name and as much other information as possible, such as a date of birth, social security number and/or driver’s license number.
If you are researching a felony case dating back from 1973 or earlier, you can use the public microfiche located in the Criminal Division at the Rene C. Davidson Courthouse, 1225 Fallon Street, Oakland, or you can contact the California Department of Justice.

Cost for Copies
Please see the Court's fee schedule for the cost of copies.  If the appropriate fees are not attached or your requested information is incomplete, the request will be returned to you.

Contact Us
If you need to speak with someone, Please call the Criminal Division Location phone numbers listed above. The Court does not provide research over the phone.
Back To Top Print This Page