General Info
Text resize: Decrease font site Increase font site


How do I get information about current job openings?

You can do one of the following:
  • Visit the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda Employment Opportunities Page here.
  • Call the 24-Hour Job "Hot line" at (510)891-6020 or Recruitment & Testing Line at (510)891-6021
  • Visit the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda Human Resources and Labor Relations Bureau located at 1225 Fallon Street, Room 105, Oakland, California

How do I obtain an application form?

You can obtain an application form at the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda Employment Opportunities Page at or from the following office:

Superior Court of California, County of Alameda
1225 Fallon Street, Room 105, Oakland, CA 94612
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

What should I do if I want to be notified when a job I am interested in becomes available?

You may submit a Job Interest Request online. To submit a Job Interest Request online, click on the Job Descriptions link. Browse through the job classifications listed in alphabetical order. If you see a job that interests you, click on the job to view the desciption, then click on the "Email me when this position opens link" and complete the form. You will receive a notice when we recruit for that position.

How do I apply for a job that is currently open?

Read over the examination announcement and the application form carefully. Be sure to fill out every section that applies to you. You may attach a resume but you must still complete the entire application. Application forms and Supplemental Questionnaires (when applicable) must be filed within the official period advertised for each examination. Applications may ONLY be filed with the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda Employment Opportunities Page at Applications may be submitted in person, via U.S. mail or submitted online. The easiest and fastest way to file an application is to do it online. To submit an application online, go to the Superior Court employment opportunities page at There, you can search any job that is currently open by category or by title, or you can just browse through the jobs that are listed in alphabetical order. Click on the job that interests you. This will open up the job announcement pertaining to the job you have selected. Click on the Apply button on the upper right corner. Follow the prompt to set up your own account if you are a first-time user or to access your existing account. The instructions online will lead you step by step through the entire application. At the end, you will be asked to certify and submit your application. After you click the Accept button, you will receive a confirmation as proof that your applicaiton has been successfully filed.

Please note that once you have created your own account and filed the very first application, you do not need to recreate a new application every time you're applying for a position. All you'll have to do is to click the Populate button and the information you have entered on your previous application will be pulled and transferred onto your current application. Of course, you will be given a chance to review and modify the transmitted information.

May I submit a resume in lieu of an application?

No. You may attach a resume, but you must still complete the entire application. Your application will first be reviewed to ensure that your work experience and educational background meet the minimum requirements for the position. Be sure to present complete the concise information. Incomplete information will result in disqualification.

Am I required to list experience for each classification title I have held separately?

Yes, you should list separately all the experience for each classification title (job). Applications must be completed in sufficient detail and clarity to permit a comprehensive review and evaluation. Any experience omitted from the application cannot be considered.

Will my application still be reviewed if I don't submit the required supplemental questionnaire?

No. If it is noted in the examinaton announcement that a supplmental questionnaire is required, your application will not be considered if you don't submit the questionnaire. In addition to the regular application, the questionnaire is used in the screening process to identify the best-qualified candidates from among those applicants who meet the minimum requirements to continue in the examination process.

Can anyone apply for "Promotional Opportunities"?

No. The "Promotional Opportunities" shown on the website are open only to Alameda County Superior Court employees. All other persons may apply only for open competitivve titles on the Employment Opportunities page.

I am a disabled person. Is there a procedure in place to accommodate persons with disabilities?

Persons with disabilities are asked to contact the Human Resource and Labor Relations Bureau if accommodations in the examination process are needed.

If I want to prepare for an exam, how can I find test samples?

While the Court does not offer sample items for examinations, there are a number of test preparation booklets published that may offer guides on general test taking. These are available at most libraries and/or bookstores.

How can I prepare for the oral interview?

The purpose of the oral interview is to further assess your knowledge and ability as well as your education, experience, achievements, occupational goals, and other job-related factors relevant to your qualifications for employment in the position for which you applied. The questions asked will cover a variety of job-related areas, so you should have your thoughts organized when you come into the interview. We offer the following suggestions for preparing yourself for the interview: You should read the examination announcement carefully to gain a clear picture of the position. Be prepared to tell the interviewer why you believe you are qualified for the position. It is up to you to fully present your qualifications as well as you can in the time available. Unless requsted, it is not necessary to furnish letters of recommendation or other documents relating to your proficiency or character. These types of documents are better suited for the hiring interview if you are certified to a hiring manager. These suggestions are general guides only. Good luck in the examination process!

How do I report a change of address?

How do I report a change of address? A change of address must be reported in writing to the Human Resources & Labor Relations Bureau located at 1225 Fallon Street, Room 105, Oakland, California 94612. On the request for a change of address, provide your name, your old address, your new address, your current phone number, and the position(s) you are applying for. Please sign and date your request.

If I am not selected by the hiring department this time, can I still stay on the eligible list and be certified at a later date?

If you are not one of the candidates with the five highest scores, and if you are not appointed to a position, you will generally maintain your place or move up on the eligible list as others are appointed. Then you will be certified as other positions become available. However, when a new examination is held, the old list is cancelled and all names removed.
Back To Top Print This Page