Court Divisions
Text resize: Decrease font site Increase font site

How Do I Petition the Court to Vacate a Civil Assessment?

You have a right to petition the Court to vacate the civil assessment for good cause. Examples of good cause include, but are not limited to: 

  • Out-of-state military duty
  • Hospitalization
  • Incarceration
  • You are not the person cited


How to Submit an Application to Vacate Civil Assessment

  1. Download the form from the Traffic Court homepage,
  2. Complete the form,
  3. Submit the form by mail or in person to the Traffic Division in Fremont, Oakland (Wiley W. Manuel), or Dublin (East County Hall of Justice), and
  4. Although it is not required you submit proof of ‘good cause’ with your application, it is highly recommended. 


A judicial officer will review your application and attachments, and a notice of decision will be mailed to the address indicated on your application. 

Back To Top Print This Page