RCD Juror Reporting Instructions
René C. Davidson Courthouse - Oakland
The following notice is for jurors summoned for Monday October 24, 2016
If your general jurisdiction group numbers are; G-1000, G-1001, G-1002, G-1003, G-1004, G-1005, & G-1006 ONLY.
You must report at 8:30 A.M. Monday October 24, 2016, to the Rene C. Davidson Courthouse.
The Jury Assembly Room is located at:
1225 Fallon Street
1st Floor, Room 100
Oakland, CA 94612
If your number was not included, please revisit this website or call 510-729 -8636 on Monday October 24, 2016 between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM, for further instructions.
*(PLEASE SEE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW)*
PLEASE COMPLETE THE JURY QUESTIONAIRE AND BRING YOUR JURY SUMMONS POSTCARD WITH YOU IF YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO REPORT.
WI-FI IS AVAILABLE.
Please be prompt! Thank you!
Please bring your JURY SUMMONS POSTCARD with you to the courthouse.
- Effective January 1, 2003, jurors are not paid for the first day, neither for mileage nor for service. Jurors are paid $15.00 per day and $0.34 per mile (one-way mileage) beginning on the second day of jury service.
- Effective August 16, 2004, Government Employees are not entitled to per diem pay for serving jury duty if they receive regular compensation and benefits while performing jury service from their employer. A government employee is one who is employed by federal, state, or a local government entity or by any other public entity such as the Regents of the University of California, a county, a city, district, public authority, public agency, and any other political subdivision or public corporation in the state (Code of Civil Procedure section 481.200). If you are a government employee please notify the jury staff when you report for Jury Service.
- Please be prompt. Persons who arrive after the selection process has begun will be rescheduled.
- We do not accept postponements or excuses on your reporting day. To submit a request, please visit the eJuror website or call 510-891-6031.
- Since parking is very limited at some courts, we strongly encourage you to take public transportation such as BART or AC Transit. Please do not park at meters as you may not be allowed to go out and add money to your meters.
- Your jury service is in compliance with One Day / One Trial legislation. If you have not been assigned to a courtroom by the end of the day on the day you were ordered to report, your term of service will be completed for one year.