Traffic School Instructions
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Effective as of July 1, 2011, the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) shall hold only one traffic school conviction within an 18-month period confidential. This also applies to non- point count violations, which are not used to determine negligent operator by DMV. If you have attended another traffic school within eighteen months, DMV will not hold your attendance on this citation confidential.
Your traffic citation will be continued for ninety (90) days to allow attendance and completion of the Traffic School Program.
HOWEVER, IN ORDER TO ACCOMPLISH THIS, YOU MUST:
- Pay a non-refundable Administration Fee, plus the violation bail to the Court.
- Select the school from the list that will be provided to you.
- Contact the school of your choice within two weeks, pay the registration fee and register for the class.
- Successfully complete the course of instruction.
- Have the school complete the "Certificate of Completion"
- When you have completed the course, the school will issue you a receipt and the school will electronically file the Certificate of Completion.
All of the above requirements are your responsibility and must be completed before ninety (90) days. Do not wait to sign up for the school or you may discover that the classes are full and you cannot complete classes and return the "Certificate of Completion" to the Court by the 90th day.
To extend your Traffic School Completion Due Date or to Confirm the court’s receipt of your Traffic School Certificate of Completion, Click on this traffic link
CONFIRM COURT'S RECEIPT OF TRAFFIC SCHOOL CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
You may check online to see if the court received your Certificate of Completion at this link
. Wait five to seven business days after completion of traffic school to give the court time to process the certificate.