Traffic School Instructions
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Effective as of July 1, 2011, the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) shall hold only one traffic school conviction within an 18-month period confidential. This also applies to non- point count violations, which are not used to determine negligent operator by DMV. If you have attended another traffic school within eighteen months, DMV will not hold your attendance on this citation confidential.
Your traffic citation will be continued for ninety (90) days to allow attendance and completion of the Traffic School Program.
HOWEVER, IN ORDER TO ACCOMPLISH THIS, YOU MUST:
- Pay a non-refundable Administration Fee, plus the violation bail to the Court.
- Select the school from the list that will be provided to you.
- Contact the school of your choice within two weeks, pay the registration fee and register for the class.
- Successfully complete the course of instruction.
- Have the school complete the "Certificate of Completion"
- Return the "Certificate of Completion" to the Court, either by mail or in person before the completion date.
YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DELIVERY OF YOUR "CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION" FORM BY THE U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
All of the above requirements are your responsibility and must be completed before ninety (90) days. Do not wait to sign up for the school or you may discover that the classes are full and you cannot complete classes and return the "Certificate of Completion" to the Court by the 90th day.
If you are not going to be able to complete the school and return the Certificate of Completion to the court by the due date, you need to contact the court regarding an extension of time.
If you fail to provide the Court with the required "Certificate of Completion" form or return to the Court yourself within ninety (90) days to make other arrangements regarding your citation, the fees paid to the Court per 42007 CVC will be converted to bail and be declared forfeited per 40512.6 CVC. The violation will be reported as a CONVICTION to DMV.